Location: Kuwait, countrywide
Event: Heightened Tensions in the Region
The U.S. Embassy in Kuwait is aware of heightened security tensions in the region. Out of an abundance of caution, the Embassy is increasing its security posture. The Embassy will remain open during regular business hours for visa and American Citizen Services appointments, including passport issuance.
We are not aware of specific, credible threats against private U.S. citizens in Kuwait at this time. Nonetheless, this situation serves as a reminder that U.S. citizens need to maintain a high level of vigilance, and the Embassy advises U.S. citizens to review their personal security plans and remain alert to their surroundings at all times. The following are common sense measures you and your family can take to increase your personal safety and security:
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Carry proper identification, either your U.S. passport with current Kuwait visa or your Kuwait civil ID.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists
- Review your personal security plans.
- Use caution when walking or driving at night.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
· U.S. Embassy Kuwait, Kuwait City
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Kuwait Country Specific Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates.