May 18, 2020
U.S. citizens without a Kuwait civil ID are now able to book grocery store appointments online at www.moci.shop. Please follow the steps below to book an appointment.
- Enter your unified number (found in the upper left corner of your entry visa under your DOB) in the civil ID and serial ID fields at moci.shop and complete the rest of the form.
- When prompted, choose ‘My address does not match my civil ID information.’
- Enter the Public Authority for Civil Information (PACI) number of your current lodging, whether a hotel or an apartment. This will allow you to select from grocery stores near your location. Your PACI number can be found directly outside of your residence’s door.
- Save a copy of your generated QR code to show Kuwait authorities upon request and when visiting your selected grocery store during your appointment. Your code will also be emailed to you.
In the event your information does not populate into the system, you are requested to send a copy of your entry visa and passport biodata page to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI) via WhatsApp at +965-2571-1339. For more information, visit MOCI’s instructions online.
In addition to booking a grocery store appointment online, a few grocery stores, including Oncost, City Centre, and Sultan Center, have started providing home delivery services online.
- The Embassy updates the information on its COVID-19 webpage daily so please check it for the latest information on COVID-19 in Kuwait.
- If you have not done so already, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and messages from the Embassy.