Event: On May 18, the Government of Kuwait canceled quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated arriving passengers and those within 90 days of recovery from COVID-19, provided that they test negative to a PCR test administered within three days of arrival. All other arriving travelers are subject to seven days of institutional quarantine to be followed by up to seven days of home quarantine or until they are able to produce a negative PCR test result.
Staring May 23, restaurants and cafes will reopen for dine-in, with adherence to health regulations and instructions.
See further information about current restrictions and conditions on our COVID-19 page. Please note that with few exceptions, entry to Kuwait for non-Kuwaiti citizens remains suspended until further notice.
Actions to Take:
* Stay abreast of local news and information.
* Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
* Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information.
* Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov<https://travel.state.gov/> for the latest information.
* Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
* U.S. citizens should continue to check the Embassy website and follow our social media platforms for announcements.
* If you have not done so already, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and messages from the Embassy.
U.S. Embassy Kuwait
Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Emergency Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Fax: (+965) 2538-0282