Event: On May 11, the Government of Kuwait announced that the current curfew restrictions will be lifted at 1:00 AM on the first night of Eid al-Fitr (May 12 or 13, but not yet officially announced). Until that time, the current curfew remains in effect from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM. U.S. citizens should observe the restrictions announced by the Kuwaiti government during the curfew period.
See further information about current restrictions and conditions on our COVID-19 page. Please note that with few exceptions, entry to Kuwait for non-Kuwaiti citizens remains suspended until further notice.
Actions to Take:
- Stay abreast of local news and information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- S. citizens should continue to check the Embassy website and follow our social media platforms for announcements.
- If you have not done so already, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts and messages from the Embassy.
U.S. Embassy Kuwait
Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Emergency Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Fax: (+965) 2538-0282