Location: Kuwait International Airport, and all Kuwaiti land and sea borders
Event: The Government of Kuwait has announced changes to entry and exit requirements.
All arriving passengers must still follow prior guidance regarding pre-arrival PCR testing, health application registration, testing on-arrival, and quarantine requirements. See our COVID-19 page for updated requirements.
The Kuwait government has extended the ban on entry for non-Kuwaiti citizens again until further notice. No end date has been announced. Exemptions may be available for certain public and private sector medical staff and members of the diplomatic corps. Details can be found at corona.e.gov.kw.
Starting May 22, Kuwaiti citizens, first-degree relatives of Kuwaiti citizens, and domestic employees traveling with them are not permitted to travel from Kuwait unless they are fully vaccinated. It is the Embassy’s understanding that these exit restrictions only apply to non-Kuwaiti citizens if they fall into these categories.
Fully vaccinated is defined as follows: For those who received one dose of the vaccine, that more than five weeks have passed after receiving it. For those who have received two doses of the vaccine, that more than two weeks have passed after receiving the second dose. For those who have contracted COVID-19 and recovered, that more than two weeks have passed after receiving a single dose of the vaccine.
Actions to Take:
- Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. citizens should continue to check the Embassy website and follow our social media platforms for announcements.
- If you have not done so already, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and messages from the Embassy.
Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Emergency Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Fax: (+965) 2538-0282