Event: On March 22, the government of Kuwait announced changes to curfew restrictions and entry requirements.
Starting March 23, curfew will begin one hour later. Curfew will be in effect from 6:00 PM to 5:00 AM daily until April 8. U.S. citizens should observe the restrictions announced by the Kuwaiti government during the curfew period.
There is a new period for walking outdoors in one’s neighborhood from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM. Restaurants may now deliver until 10:00 PM.
See further information about current restrictions and exceptions on our COVID-19 page.
Entry to Kuwait for non-Kuwaiti citizens remains suspended until further notice. There are exceptions available for first-degree relatives of Kuwaiti citizens and domestic employees traveling with them. Details on this and other possible exceptions can be found at corona.e.gov.kw/en. A valid visa or residency is required for entry.
Passengers who are permitted to arrive in Kuwait must still undergo seven (7) days of institutional quarantine upon arrival at a hotel in Kuwait, at their own expense, and seven (7) days of home quarantine after a negative PCR test on day six. Passengers in the below categories are now excluded from the institutional quarantine requirement and are instead subject to a 7-day home quarantine with a PCR test on the seventh day. Those who:
- have had two COVID-19 vaccine shots with the second at least two weeks prior to entry,
- have had one COVID-19 vaccine shot at least five weeks prior to entry,
- have recovered from COVID-19 and who have had one vaccine shot at least two weeks prior to entry.
Requirements for pre-arrival, on-arrival, and mid-quarantine PCR tests remain. Shlonik and Mosafer registration are also still required. See our COVID-19 page for details.
Actions to Take:
- Stay abreast of local news and information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions
- Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. citizens should continue to check the Embassy Website and follow our social media platforms for announcements.
- If you have not done so already, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and messages from the Embassy.
U.S. Embassy Kuwait
P.O. Box 77
Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Emergency Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Fax: (+965) 2538-0282