Event: On March 04, the government of Kuwait announced it will impose a 12-hour curfew starting at 5:00 PM on Sunday, March 07, 2021. The curfew will be in effect from 5:00 PM to 5:00 AM daily until April 8. U.S. citizens should observe the restrictions announced by the Kuwaiti government during the curfew period.
There are limited exceptions to curfew hours, including transit by foot to mosques for prayer. During curfew hours, pharmacies, cooperative societies, and grocery stores may operate delivery services. U.S. citizens seeking emergency medical treatment should contact 112.
During non-curfew hours, dine-in service at restaurants remains suspended, taxis are limited to two passengers, and public seating areas are closed. Public parks and outdoor spaces are open for walking only.
See further information about restrictions on our COVID-19 page.
As the situation may change with little notice, passengers on flights departing during the duration of the curfew should contact their airlines for confirmation of their flight status. Passengers with flights departing Kuwait during the curfew hours should be prepared to travel directly from their homes to the airport, carrying their passport and flight confirmation to provide at possible check points.
The Embassy reminds U.S. citizens to rely on information from credible government news sources.
Please note that U.S. Embassy hours of operation may be affected by the curfew. Check our current hours of operation on our COVID-19 page.
Actions to Take:
- Stay abreast of local news and information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions
- Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. citizens should continue to check the Embassy website and follow our social media platforms for announcements.
- If you have not done so already, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and messages from the Embassy.
U.S. Embassy Kuwait
P.O. Box 77
Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Emergency Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Fax: (+965) 2538-0282