Event: On June 17, the Government of Kuwait announced new regulations on non-Kuwaiti residents’ return to Kuwait and new restrictions on entry into public spaces for non-vaccinated persons.
Effective August 1, vaccinated non-Kuwaiti residents are allowed entry into Kuwait provided that they are fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the Government of Kuwait. Fully vaccinated persons are those who have received two doses of the Pfizer, Oxford AstraZeneca, or Moderna vaccines, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine as of August 1. Arriving expats must still undergo a PCR test within 72 hours of arrival to Kuwait and a second PCR test during a mandatory 7-day home quarantine, which may be ended upon proof of a negative PCR result.
In addition, effective June 27, only vaccinated individuals or those exempt of the vaccine may enter certain public spaces including restaurants, cafes, gyms, salons, and malls. Entry to restaurants and malls for non-vaccinated persons is banned. Individuals seeking entry into these spaces must present the Kuwait Mobile ID or Immune applications as proof of vaccination or COVID-19 recovery. For information on how to register your vaccination records please see our June 10th Health Alert.
Please note that visas are still not being issued upon arrival at the airport nor are they available electronically in advance for individuals seeking to travel to Kuwait.
All arriving passengers must still follow prior guidance regarding pre-arrival PCR testing, health application registration, testing on-arrival, and quarantine requirements. See further updates and information about current restrictions and exceptions on our COVID-19 page.
Actions to Take:
- Stay abreast of local news and information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. citizens should continue to check the Embassy website and follow our social media platforms for announcements.
- If you have not done so already, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and messages from the Embassy.
U.S. Embassy Kuwait
American Citizen Services (ACS)
Telephone: (+965 ) 2259-1001
Fax: (+965) 2538-0282