Effective December 26, all arriving passengers, regardless of point of departure, are required to carry a negative PCR test administered within 48 hours of expected arrival in Kuwait. Kuwait requires all arriving passengers, regardless of negative PCR tests, to undergo 10 days of quarantine. Travelers can “test out” of quarantine early if they receive a negative PCR test conducted after 72 hours following arrival.
On January 2, Kuwait will require a third shot to be considered fully vaccinated if the second shot was administered nine months previously. The Immune application will need to be updated, if applicable.
Travel Guidance for passengers arriving into Kuwait International Airport:
- Only fully vaccinated adult foreign nationals are allowed to enter Kuwait. Beginning January 2, 2022, travelers must have the booster shot within nine months of your second COVID vaccine dose to be considered fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated children below 16 can enter with eligible parent(s).
- All arriving passengers, except children under the age of six, must present a negative PCR test certificate issued within 48 hours before arriving in Kuwait (unless airlines/transit locations have stricter requirements).
- Vaccinated passengers are subject to 10 days of home quarantine. The period is reduced if a PCR test taken at a minimum of 72 hours after arrival is negative.
- Passengers must register online before departure on the Kuwait Mosafer platform.
- Passengers must activate and register the SHLONIK application upon arrival at Kuwait International Airport. Visitors will need to provide a local phone number.
- Familiarize yourself with the regulations for American citizens traveling to Kuwait.
- Passengers holding an approved vaccination certificate without a QR code must upload the certificate to the Ministry of Health website for authentication https://Cov19vaccine.moh.gov.kw.
U.S. Embassy Kuwait
American Citizen Services (ACS)
Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Fax: (+965) 2538-0282
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
To unsubscribe from future messages please click here: Unsubscribe