Location: Kuwait International Airport, and all Kuwaiti land and sea borders
Event: The Government of Kuwait has announced a change to entry requirements related to COVID-19. Beginning January 17, passengers to Kuwait will need to obtain and travel with a negative PCR test result, in English, administered by a health clinic within 72 hours of beginning their travel to Kuwait. No Arabic-language translation is required. Children under the age of six (6) do not require a PCR test prior to arrival. The prior guidance was 96 hours.
This is in addition to any additional PCR tests for COVID-19 that are administered by Kuwait health officials upon arrival. It our understanding that children under six (6) are exempt from on-arrival testing.
Actions to Take:
- Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. citizens should continue to check the Embassy website and follow our social media platforms for announcements.
- If you have not done so already, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and Messages from the Embassy.
U.S. Embassy Kuwait
P.O. Box 77
Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Emergency Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Fax: (+965) 2538-0282