Event: The government of Kuwait has reported more than 110 confirmed cases of COVID-19 within its borders. Kuwait International Airport has been closed since 11:59pm on March 13 until further notice to all commercial flights except for arriving Kuwaiti citizens and their immediate family members who are traveling with them. Cargo air traffic will continue to be permitted. Quarantine measures have been implemented to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be aware of current travel restrictions entering and exiting Kuwait, which may change with little or no advance notice.
Beginning Thursday, March 12, all non-emergency government offices would be closed at least through Thursday, March 26, unless otherwise notified. Schools, universities, and colleges have already been closed by the government through at least the same date. Mosques, public parks, beaches, public spaces, commercial complexes, shopping centers, public markets, children’s entertainment centers, movie theaters, salons, and wedding halls have also been closed until further notice.
Due to reduced staffing for social distancing at the U.S. Embassy, beginning on March 16, all routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments are canceled until further notice. Passport services for U.S. citizens, and official government and emergency visa processing will continue to be available
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kuwait.
- Visit the Travel Advisory page and Country Information page for Kuwait.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Kuwait
Bayan, Block 13,
Masjed Al-Aqsa Street
Kuwait City, Kuwait
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- The Government of Kuwait has launched a new website dedicated to information regarding COVID-19 in Kuwait
- Inquire with the Kuwait Directorate General of Civil Aviation via WhatsApp about precautionary measures at Kuwait International Airport and the implementation of civil aviation circulars at +965-9729-8989
- Kuwait Ministry of Health – Website and Twitter
- Kuwait Directorate General of Civil Aviation – Twitter
- Kuwait Ministry of Health General Inquires Hotline: +965-2497-0967 or 151 (if you are in Kuwait)
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.