Event: Effective tomorrow, Tuesday, July 28, the Government of Kuwait will transition from Phase Two to Phase Three of its five-phased reopening plan.
During Phase Three, a 6-hour curfew is in effect from 9:00pm until 3:00am. While each phase is expected to last for three weeks, the Government of Kuwait has indicated that phases may last shorter or longer depending on local health conditions. The lockdown on Farwaniya was lifted on July 26. There are no longer any areas in Kuwait under complete lockdown.
In Phase Three, the number of employees in government agencies will increase to no more than 50 percent. Visits to social care homes will be permitted, and hotels, resorts, and hotel apartments will reopen. Taxis services will resume with only one passenger allowed per vehicle.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kuwait.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Travel Advisory page and Country Information page for Kuwait.
- S. Embassy Kuwait
Bayan, Block 13,
Masjed Al-Aqsa Street
Kuwait City, Kuwait
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444