Location: Kuwait International Airport, and all Kuwaiti land and sea borders
Event: The Government of Kuwait has announced additional COVID-19 related restrictions beginning Monday, December 21, 2020 at 11:00 PM and ending on 11:59 PM on Friday, January 1, 2021. During this period, all commercial flights to and from Kuwait are suspended, as is entry to Kuwait through land and sea borders. These suspensions are a response to the new strain of COVID-19, and the Kuwaiti government may extend these suspensions based on their assessment of the pandemic.
The Ministry of Health has announced that all citizens and residents of Kuwait who arrived in Kuwait from the EU or the UK between the 11th and 21st of December must get a PCR test on the fifth day and tenth day after their arrival. The test must be taken at Jaber Al Ahmed Hospital between 8am and 8pm. Those being tested must bring proof of their arrival in Kuwait to the hospital.
Actions to Take:
- Stay abreast of local news and information concerning travel restrictions.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions. Please note that while you may be able to make an online purchase for a flight, flights may not be guaranteed for departure and your flight may still be cancelled.
- Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. citizens should continue to check the Embassy website and follow our social media platforms for announcements.
- If you have not done so already, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and messages from the Embassy.
U.S. Embassy Kuwait
P.O. Box 77
Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Emergency Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Fax: (+965) 2538-0282