Event: On April 19, the Government of Kuwait announced an extension of the current curfew.
A curfew is in effect from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM daily. Previously set to expire on April 22, the curfew will now extend until the end of Ramadan (on or about May 12, 2021). U.S. citizens should observe the restrictions announced by the Kuwaiti government during the curfew period.
See further information about current restrictions and exceptions on our COVID-19 page. With exceptions for first-degree relatives of Kuwaiti citizens and domestic employees traveling with them, entry to Kuwait for non-Kuwaiti citizens remains suspended until further notice.
Restrictions after Ramadan have not yet been announced.
Actions to Take:
- Stay abreast of local news and information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. citizens should continue to check the Embassy website and follow our social media platforms for announcements.
- If you have not done so already, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and messages from the Embassy.
U.S. Embassy Kuwait
P.O. Box 77
Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Emergency Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Fax: (+965) 2538-0282