Event: On April 1, the government of Kuwait announced changes to curfew restrictions effective April 8 – April 22.
Starting April 8, curfew will begin one hour later. Curfew will be in effect from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM daily from April 8 to April 22. U.S. citizens should observe the restrictions announced by the Kuwaiti government during the curfew period.
The period for walking outdoors in one’s neighborhood will be from 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM. Restaurants will be able to deliver until 3:00 AM.
See further information about current restrictions and exceptions on our COVID-19 page. The current conditions remain in effect until April 8 and should be observed by all U.S. citizens. With exceptions for first-degree relatives of Kuwaiti citizens and domestic employees traveling with them, entry to Kuwait for non-Kuwaiti citizens remains suspended until further notice.
Restrictions after April 22 have not yet been announced.
Actions to Take:
- Stay abreast of local news and information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions
- Consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. citizens should continue to check the Embassy website and follow our social media platforms for announcements.
- If you have not done so already, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts and messages from the Embassy.
U.S. Embassy Kuwait
P.O. Box 77
Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Emergency Telephone: (+965) 2259-1001
Fax: (+965) 2538-0282